The USAID’s Research for Decision Makers (RDM) Activity is a five year implementation research project, implemented by icddr,b, under cooperative agreement# AID-388-A-17-00006. The RDM Activity was launched on May 18, 2017 to increase the use of evidence-based research and policy analysis for health planning and decision making to support the effective implementation of the 4th Health, Population and Nutrition Sector Program (HPNSP) 2017-22, with an ultimate goal to improve the health status of the Bangladeshi population.
The RDM Activity has identified four priority thematic areas of intervention:
- Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH);
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP-RH);
- Tuberculosis (TB);
In addition, Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) are included as cross cutting issues.
Intermediate Results Areas
- Research findings disseminated with clear policy and program guidance;
- Evidence-based programming promoted through policy dialogue and advisory services with GOB and other stakeholders;
- Local capacity strengthened to design, manage and use implementation research.
USAID’S RDM ACTIVITY’S RESULTS FRAMEWORK