Since 2014, icddr,b’s Social Enterprise Model (SEM) has been bridging the gap between the public and private sector TB care in Bangladesh, by increasing TB case detection. It was observed that the health seeking behavior of the clients and other factors often result in patient delay. This study will generate evidence about the gaps in the patient pathway, by estimating delay in diagnosis and treatment. TB is a mandatorily notifiable disease in Bangladesh. This study will also assess acceptability of ‘Janao’ app which has been designed to aid the private practicing physicians in notifying TB cases to the government.
- To estimate the delay in diagnosis and initiation of treatment after onset of symptoms
- To identify the factors associated with diagnostic delay and treatment delay of TB patients
- To assess the acceptability of the “Janao” platform among the private health care providers as a TB notification tool
- To assess the acceptability of the “Janao” platform among the DOTS Centre staff
- To develop dynamical model of TB epidemiology in Bangladesh to predict contribution of public, NGO, private sector in overall case notification
Dhaka metropolitan area
The National Tuberculosis Control Programmme (NTP).
EXPECTED DATE OF RESULTS DISSEMINATION
Dr. Sayera Banu email@example.com